Cross posted on Creative Tension.
As someone who is passionate about providing students and teachers with ubiquitous access to technological tools for teaching and learning I am shocked when 1:1 initiatives fail or when critics block progress. Yes, there are actually schools that have dropped the program. I can't even imagine what it feels like to be a student who turns in his/her laptop when the pilot fails.
- Laptops frequently breaking down (either through accident or student misuse)
- Students not using the technology appropriately
- Disconnect between the curriculum and 21st century learning
- Network speed did not meet the needs of the users
- Laptops were viewed as a distraction
- No evidence of improved student achievement